8.02.2015

Guerlain Lingerie de Peau Foundation Review


Not very often that I get complimented on my skin, so imagine how delighted I was when my friend commented on how spotless my skin looked and asked if I had anything done. Of course, I didn't have anything done on my skin, be it facials or laser treatments. It was simply a result of a good foundation! At that moment, I knew it is time to write a review on this wonderful Guerlain Lingerie de Peau, which is raved by many as one of the best light-to-medium coverage foundations in the market. 


LINGERIE DE PEAU

Brand: Guerlain
Product Type: Liquid Foundation
Capacity: 30 ml
Shade: 02 Beige Clair
Retail Price: US $63
Website: www.guerlain.com

Guerlain Lingerie de Peau Invisible Skin-Fusion Foundation boasts a natural skin-like finish that enhances complexion with radiance and softness. As Guerlain claims - "The curves of the face are tightened and imperfections are erased. The shades are so skin-fusing that they leave no visible color on the face, simply a glowing, long-wearing tone that leaves the skin looking natural." The product also comes with sun protection of SPF 20 PA+.


As expected, with a hefty price tag comes a luxurious, beautiful glass packaging. It is, by far, one of the most attractive foundation bottle designs in my opinion. I've come to believe that packaging design is definitely one of Guerlain's forte. The product has a capacity of 30 ml, which is a standard for most foundations.


The bottle comes with a convenient pump, which dispenses enough to cover my entire face with one pump. You are required to shake the bottle before dispensing, or else you might end up with product separations.


The shade I got is 02 Beige Clair, which is designed to suit Asian skin tones according to the sales representative. However, as many reviews have noted, Lingerie de Peau's shades lean slightly towards the pink undertone even with shades meant for skin with yellow undertone. Nonetheless, it blends seamlessly into my yellow undertoned skin without showing signs of shade mismatching. If you have a strong yellow undertone, I can see this being a problem for you though. Texture-wise, this product is lightweight and non-sticky. The consistency is somewhat on the runny side so it glides on and blends into skin effortlessly.

The foundation gives a very natural semi-matte finish, while I wouldn't say it looks 'invisible' as Guerlain claims. In my opinion, it is appropriate for all skin types, especially normal to oily skin. You don't need need to set it with power, but those with oilier skin types can lightly set it with powder for longer wear. It can ever-so-slightly accentuate dryness if you have dry flakes on your skin, so exfoliation and hydration are keys to achieving flawless look with this product.


As depicted in the photo above, one layer of the foundation gives an almost medium coverage. Most pores and redness are blurred, and skin becomes more even in color and texture. However, some major discolorations can still be seen. Usually, this much of coverage is sufficient for me on a daily basis, but if I want to look extra flawless, I would go over with another layer or concealer on areas that need more coverage.

It has a decent oil control and a lasting power that easily goes beyond the average 6 hours. On my normal work day of 9 hours or longer, the foundation still looks intact after work although it doesn't look as perfect as when freshly applied. During the day, I have to blot once or twice, which is considered impressive for my oily T-zone. While the product keeps extra oil at bay, it also provides skin with some hydration. However, after 7-8 hours, I can feel my normal U-zone starting to feel a bit dry from prolonged exposure to drying air-conditioner in the office.


QUICK TAKE

  • Lightweight and runny texture that is easy to apply and blend into skin
  • Can achieve an almost medium coverage with a single layer
  • The shade may not be suitable for skin with a strong yellow undertone
  • Natural semi-matte finish that looks like skin
  • Non-sticky, non-oily
  • Great job at blurring pores, redness, and minor imperfections 
  • Good lasting power and decent oil control
  • Somewhat hydrating but the moisture starts to wear off after around 7-8 hours
  • Doesn't sink into pores
  • Can slightly accentuate dryness and fine lines
  • No breakouts or irritations 

Overall, this is an impressive foundation that is lightweight but gives amazing medium coverage. I would recommend it to anyone looking for an everyday foundation with semi-matte finish. I feel like those with oilier skin would particularly love this product for its lasting power and lightweight feel. Despite the hefty price tag, I really like how this product performs and does not regret paying so much for a foundation. 


Where to shop? I got mine at a department store in Bangkok. This product is also available online at Sephora and Nordstrom.



l CONNECT WITH ME l


Bloglovin' Twitter Instagram GFC

No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 by Pastel Boulevard. All rights reserved.

Template design by Carrielovesdesign