8.28.2015

Lipsticks from Born Pretty Store: Liphop, Mimididi, and Sugarbox Reviews & Swatches


Some months ago, I had a chance to collaborate with Born Pretty Store who generously sent me a couple of products to try out. I had not heard of the store before they reached out to me, but I was amazed by the huge collection of affordable makeup they had in the store. It was truly a difficult decision to choose from the big selections. I managed to pick 3 lipsticks, a blush, and a pair of false lashes. In this post, I'll go over the lipsticks first. The blush and false lashes will be talked about in another upcoming post. Without further ado, let's head straight into the reviews!


I tried to pick the most interesting lip products with varying features and ended up with these 3 lipsticks from 3 different brands. From left to right are Liphop Perfect Love lipstick in no. 2, Mimididi Sweet Kiss lipstick in no. 9, and Sugarbox Sweet lipstick in no. 007. They were all very reasonable priced at less than 10 bucks. 


The packaging is nothing fancy and the quality of the materials are better than what you'd expect from the price so there's nothing to complain here. They are simple, functional, and doesn't look too cheap. I actually like the minimalistic designs.


SUGARBOX SWEET LIPSTICK '007'

Sugarbox Sweet Lipstick in 007 ($6.86) is a nude pink shade with shimmers and a sheen finish. I chose this product as I thought it would be a pretty peach shade but it ended up being too light on me. Plus, it contains shimmers which I kind of dislike in lipsticks. Nonetheless, the good thing about this product is that it is creamy and glides on smoothly. It also doesn't dry my lips out although it can slightly accentuate dry flakes. The color payoff and lasting power is average compared to the other two I got. Given the price, I'm not really complaining. I think I would have liked this product more if I picked another shade instead. 

MIMIDIDI SWEET KISS LIPSTICK '9'

Mimididi Sweet Kiss Lipstick in no. 9 ($4.29) did catch me by surprise. Apart from the cute packaging, it is one of the most pigmented lipsticks I've tried so far in my beauty junkie life. It is a hot pink shade with a sheen finish. The texture is so creamy which glides on effortlessly on lips. Moreover, it is hydrating and doesn't accentuate dry flakes. The lasting power is impressive although it tends to transfer to whatever the lips touch. If you are looking for a great lipstick with an affordable price tag, you should be checking this out. 

LIPHOP PERFECT LOVE LIPSTICK '02'

Liphop Perfect Love Lipstick in 02 ($6.86) has a deep red shade with a hint of pink and gives a matte finish. It is actually more similar to the Mimididi's shade than I thought. When I first applied this on my lips, I was surprised by its dry texture. I was expecting a smooth, creamy formula but I was met with something that literally feels like a crayon. However, did I hate it? Actually, no. It is a surprise to me how much I end up liking this one the most out of the three products. It doesn't glide on as smoothly as I'd like, but the color payoff and lasting power are impressive. I've worn this to a night out and it pretty much stayed put through numerous drinks. Furthermore, although it's not particularly hydrating, the product doesn't dry out my lips or accentuate dry flakes. Overall, it's a great long-wearing lipstick for when you need to survive through eating/drinking. One thing worth mentioning is that it may be hard to remove completely, so an assistance from makeup remover will definitely be needed. 

Overall: I generally have a positive experience with lipsticks from Born Pretty Store. The quality and performance can vary from one product to another, so it's a matter of careful selection. Some of them are impressive and some not so much. However, for very affordable prices and a huge collection of makeup, this store is a great destination for beauty lovers on a budget. I can see why students would love this store since everything is so reasonably priced and the worldwide shipping is always free.


Where to Shop? Head to BornPrettyStore to browse through the lipstick collections. If you make a purchase, don't forget to use code WG10 for a 10% off your purchase!

Disclosure: This is a sponsored review. All opinions expressed are my own.   




l CONNECT WITH ME l


Bloglovin' Twitter Instagram GFC

No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 by Pastel Boulevard. All rights reserved.

Template design by Carrielovesdesign