6.09.2014

Innisfree The Green Tea Seed Serum (2014 Upgrade) Review


The weather has been acting weird lately but all in all it's getting really hot and humid here in New York - it's that time to change my skin care routine to keep my skin moisturized while keeping the oils at bay. So, I'm coming back to my beloved Green Tea Seed Serum, which has been upgraded this year to be even more awesome or so Innisfree says.



Innisfree The Green Tea Seed Serum is a light, moisturizing serum with antioxidant properties from green tea to create clear and supple skin. It is formulated with organic green tea and green tea seeds grown in the beautiful Korean Jeju Island. The 2014 upgraded version is said to contain twice as much green tea oil than the previous one. Also, the serum is produced within 3 months of harvest to maintain the freshness of the ingredients.




If you're using the toner from the same line, you will apply the serum before the skin/toner. But if you're using a watery toner (the one applied with cotton pad) like me, you'll apply this after toner. This serum contains alcohol but, similarly to what I experienced with the previous version, it does not irritate or dry out my dehydrated skin. I did notice that the alcohol is listed as the fourth ingredient in this version while it was listed as the third in the previous one - it's good to know that they've decreased the amount of alcohol with the upgrade.





It comes in a plastic pump bottle, which is light and hygienic. There is a lid for the pump to prevent spillage during travel. One pump is enough for my entire face and neck so this bottle will last me quite a long time. The last one lasted me as long as 6 months.


The serum is transparent and has a runny gel consistency. It glides on easily and absorbs quickly although I feel that this version is a bit tackier upon application than the previous one. However, the tacky feeling goes away after a few seconds.


OVERALL THOUGHTS
I've been using the serum for over a week and haven't noticed much difference from the previous version. It's supposed to be more moisturizing but I can't feel that, which is fine by me since I love the previous one. It is light yet moisturizing - very appropriate for summer. It absorbs quickly and doesn't leave an oily residue. The serum also smells heavenly. A little goes a long way so you'll definitely get your money's worth. 

I really love how the serum contains organic green tea ingredients - I just love anything green tea lol. Green tea is not only good for your health but also for your skin. It helps prevent wrinkles, sun damage, and soothes redness. 

The only downsides to this serum is the alcohol and the tacky feeling after application (which goes away quickly). Also, it may not be enough for drier skin types. But if you have oily or combo skin, this will be perfect.

All in all, if you're looking for a lightweight moisturizing serum with multiple benefits from natural ingredients, you should definitely try this!

---------------------------------------- 

PROS: Lightweight, quick absorption, no breakouts, organic green tea ingredients, moisturizing enough for summer, doesn't increase sebum production, a little goes a long way, hygienic packaging
CONS: May not be enough for drier skin types, contains alcohol, slightly tacky feeling right after application

Available at: W2Beauty (US $29.34 + free shipping), KollectionK (US $28.30)

----------------------------------------

Have you every used any skincare with natural ingredients like green tea?
    
 photo email_zps8905e462.png  photo google-plus_zpse7e48b2c.png  photo bloglovin_zps14b00653.png  photo pinterest_zpsbcd5d7bf.png

2 comments :

  1. I love green persimmon pore essence from innisfree and it works like miracle when my skin gets oily but it is not really working on pores :D

    I also make green tea and wash my face with it also I like to drink green tea with peppermint too :))

    Btw thank you so much for the review ~~

    meishenmeweishenme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've ben eyeing at this ever since I have started getting into k-cosmetics but Im never the serum type of girl since it is such a chore! I've heard so many good things about it1 I may give this a try since my skin has been feeling a little dry! Thanks for the awesome review Stella! x

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 by Pastel Boulevard. All rights reserved.

Template design by Carrielovesdesign