6.30.2014

YSL Rouge Volupte Shine 'Pink in Paris' Review & Swatches


As if there are not enough pinks in my lipsticks stash, I got myself one more from YSL. Well, it's hard to resist when you're a lipstick addict! I first saw this shade on my favorite YouTuber Beautifymeeh and I knew I had to have it. Being a fan of YSL cosmetics, I knew it would be a worthy splurge as their lipsticks quality and packaging are always awesome. Therefore, one more beauty added to my lipsticks family :)


YSL Rouge Volupte Shine is "an innovative and comforting lipstick enhanced with fruit extracts rich in vitamins and antioxidants that leave lips visibly softer and smoother with up to eight hours of hydration." Do I even have to say how gorgeous the packaging is? I just can't get enough of YSL lipsticks in my collection!








There is a very subtle micro shimmers, which I didn't notice before I purchased it. But, I don't hate shimmer - just hope it wouldn't be so shimmery on my lips.


#13 Pink in Paris is a beautiful rose pink shade. It is pigmented but not super pigmented like other YSL lipsticks I own (such as the Rouge Pur Couture). It is opaque enough to completely cover the natural lips color. It is also shiny and very, very moisturizing. I can even feel that when I swatch it on my arm.



I first thought that this shade might not be too flattering on warm tone skin like mine but I'm glad I took the risk because it turned out great on me. It's a perfect everyday shade which gives out a feminine look. I get a feeling that I will be reaching for this quite often. The micro shimmers are barely visible so I'm relieved!


OVERALL THOUGHTS
As expected, this lipstick is amazing just like any other YSL lipsticks I've tried. It's very creamy, pigmented, and very hydrating. I don't really need to apply a lip balm beforehand, but if you want extra moisture you can do so. It glides on so smoothly and doesn't feel heavy on the lips. It also doesn't sink into lip lines. However, like many light lipstick shades, it does accentuate dry flakes a bit. Nothing to worry about though, since it is not that bad. It may not even be a problem if you exfoliate and apply a lip balm before application.

It is long lasting, but some colors will fade after eating/drinking. What this lipstick really impressed me was that it is super hydrating and makes my lips feel moisturized for up to 5-6 hours of wear. As a person with dry lips, I couldn't be more happy! It smells yummy too - like the Volupte Sheer Candy.

--------------------------------------------------

PROS: Moisturizing, Long lasting, Pigmented, Creamy, Smooth application, Shiny

CONS: May accentuate dry flakes if you have very flaky lips (lip balm can fix this)

PURCHASE: Sephora, Nordstrom

 photo email_zps8905e462.png  photo google-plus_zpse7e48b2c.png  photo bloglovin_zps14b00653.png  photo pinterest_zpsbcd5d7bf.png

9 comments :

  1. This color is so pretty and it doesn't look too shimmery! I'm not a fan of shimmer either in lipsticks ^_^

    http://clothespinshanging.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This shade is soo pretty! And I totally agree with you, it's the perfect everyday pink shade that looks fun and girly. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful pink shade! I have the more nudey colour in this range and it is gorgeous, but unfortunately I don't like the way YSL lipstick smells :'(

    Phoebe | Eat. Live. Love. Repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeaa thank god the shimmers are not really visible :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea this totally completes the girly makeup look <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea I realized the smell may too sweet(?) or some people. I agree the nudey shades are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I'm tempted to get this too D: !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. just got this yesterday because of your post :p

      Delete

Copyright © 2014 by Pastel Boulevard. All rights reserved.

Template design by Carrielovesdesign