6.23.2014

Innisfree Long Wear Cushion Review


Hey guys! It's officially summer! In other words, it's officially that time of the year my face becomes an uncontrollable oil field with huge, no, gigantic pores :( It's a nightmare since anything I apply on my face tends to just dissolve and turn into a cakey mess. Innisfree seems to know exactly what I need and released the Long Wear Cushion for the summer. Of course, I had my doubt that it would be as amazing as it claims, but there are just so much hype about it in Korea. So, as usual, I gave in and decided to give it a try.



Innisfree came out with two versions of their summer cushion foundation, the Long Wear Cushion and the Water Glow Cushion. The Long Wear is catered to oily skin and has a matte finish, while the Water Glow is more suitable for drier skins and has dewy finish. In winter, I'd definitely go for the dewy one but for summer, dewy = oily for me unfortunately. There are three shades available and I got mine in the shade 21 Natural Beige.






The packaging is plain and simple like any other Innisfree products. It is not very bulky and is very travel-friendly.




Just like other cushion foundations, it comes with a puff and a mirror, and the product is sealed.



The sponge puff is designed to efficiently pick up the product and smoothly apply it onto skin.





The shade 21 blends in well with my fair yellow undertone skin. It blends out easily and sets into a matte finish quite quickly. I don't really need to set it with powder but I did on my nose which is super oily.


I'd say it has a medium coverage but build-able if needed although I'd recommend against doing so since all foundations have high tendency to get cakey if built on heavily. It covers my redness and minor flaws just fine, but a concealer will be needed for extreme redness or acne scars. There is a little white cast due to the high SPF but it's not that bad even though it makes my face a bit lighter than the rest of my body. I have to apply this on my neck as well to make the difference less visible. The product sets into a matte finish quickly and doesn't feel heavy on skin. 
 

OVERALL THOUGHTS
 I love this cushion for summer as it controls sebum well and is sweatproof while being quite moisturizing at the same time. It has a faint herbal scent as well. Most, if not all of the cushion foundations I've tried heavily accentuate my dry flakes and appear cakey - however, these almost never happen with the Long Wear Cushion. At times, it does accentuate some dry flakes, but very minimally (this seems to happen when I forgot to exfoliate). The product is very easy to apply and reapply. It is long lasting - I wouldn't say it lasts 12 hours as it claims to, but it still looks pretty decent after 6 hours of wear even without primer. After 6 hours, I feel the need to blot and reapply.

The coverage is medium, which is enough for me as I'm fortunate enough not to have serious acne. What I need to cover is my redness, and this cushion does a fine job with that.If you have areas that need more coverage, you may need to use a concealer. Also, it dies down into a matte finish with a natural glow, not an unnatural kind of matte. This is great since I have dull skin, and foundation too matte would make it looks even worse. With Long Wear Cushion, I don't really feel like I'm wearing much makeup on my face at all. It feels and looks like skin, which is great for summer because you don't want your face to feel heavy amidst the heat and humidity. 

One thing I totally dislike about this is the white cast from the high SPF, which seems to happen with every cushions I have. Definitely, this is not something you'd want to wear if you will be photographed with flash, unless you don't mind looking like a ghost. It'd be nice if they come out with a lower SPF version so that the white cast will be less visible. Oh, and by the way, don't even try to wash the puff as it is a hopeless task.

--------------------------------------------------

PROS: Long-lasting, good sebum control, medium coverage, glides on easily, easy (re)application, not drying, doesn't get cakey, natural looking, matte finish, SPF 50+
CONS: Accentuate dry flakes (but very minimally), medium coverage (not enough for extreme redness and acne scars), white cast from SPF

Available at: Amazon ($19.59 + $4.30 shipping), Jolse (S22.98)

--------------------------------------------------

Have you tried this or any cushion foundations before? Which is your favorite? Feel free to share your thoughts :)

 photo email_zps8905e462.png  photo google-plus_zpse7e48b2c.png  photo bloglovin_zps14b00653.png  photo pinterest_zpsbcd5d7bf.png

7 comments :

  1. Hehe me too! It's cheaper than the iope/ hera but works much better :) Haven't tried the EH one yet though

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that video too! :) One of the reasons I bought it hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to try the innisfree cushions. I saw a video by pony and I loved how she introduced them. Nice review :)

    berriesinthesnow.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I think combo and normal skin will like this too :) You should try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you :) Yea, she made me want it lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Personally i think Etude house's cushion is really oily and the scent is too much. I prefer innisfree! ^^ As always, thanks for the great review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went to Korea over the summer and bought this because the store employee recommended it to me. It has become my ultimate HG! I was looking for a good BB cream that didn't accentuate my dry spots or apply too thick, and this was perfect. Thank you, Innisfree!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 by Pastel Boulevard. All rights reserved.

Template design by Carrielovesdesign