6.16.2014

Laneige Water Drop Tint in Raspberry Pink and Camellia Red Review & Swatches


Laneige Water Drop Tint is one of the best lip tints I've tried, and I've tried many. Yes, it's that awesome. I bought 2 of the shades, Neon Pink and Scarlet Red, back when it was first released (Winter 2013 I think) and have been loving them so much. So I did not hesitate to get the new shades recently released by Laneige for Spring/Summer 2014. There are 4 new shades but I bought only 2, the Raspberry Pink and Camellia Red. I had put up a review on the product in my old blog but since I deleted that, I'll be going over it again here.


The first and second swatch on the first row are Raspberry Pink and Camellia Red, respectively.









The packaging is simple but beautiful in a minimalist way. The tube is light and small enough to be conveniently carried on-the-go. Also, the transparent bottom becomes quite helpful when I want to pick a specific shade from a pile of lipsticks.



The slanted applicator makes application easy and mess-free. It is easy to work around the lips corners, and the product is distributed evenly.


The formula glides on smoothly and evenly. It is more 'creamy' rather than runny, unlike many Korean lip tints. I prefer the creamier texture as it is more manageable and is way more hydrating although the runny texture usually lasts longer.

Raspberry Pink is a vibrant hot pink while Camellia Red is a deep red. Both shades are really gorgeous and perfect for Spring/Summer. They are glossy but the gloss dies down a bit after a while.




OVERALL THOUGHTS
As I've mentioned earlier, I think this lip tint is amazing. Well, there are some aspects that can be improved, like the lasting power and staining power. But, overall, it works great on me. It is very hydrating and doesn't dry out my lips after hours of wear. I don't even need to apply a lip balm beforehand. The creamy texture is easy to apply and to build up color intensity. Also, the shades are flattering and glossy. Oh, and it smells totally yummy - kind of sweet and fruity smell. The only downside is that it cannot survive eating and drinking since it has a pretty weak staining and lasting power. The reapplication is easy and hassle-free though so I guess that's not too bad. 

--------------------------------------------------

PROS: Hydrating, creamy texture, easy to apply, glides on easily, hassle-free reapplication, pigmented for a lip tint, glossy, smells yummy
CONS: weak lasting/staining power

Available at: W2Beauty (US $28.20 + Free shipping) 

--------------------------------------------------


Have you tried this product? Do you have a favorite lip tint?


 photo email_zps8905e462.png  photo google-plus_zpse7e48b2c.png  photo bloglovin_zps14b00653.png  photo pinterest_zpsbcd5d7bf.png

6 comments :

  1. The colors are amazing :)) I have banila co. tint looks like the raspberry pink and I love the color so I use it a lot ^.^

    meishenmeweishenme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so beautiful and glossy! Is it a thicker or a thinner consistency? :)

    Phoebe | Eat. Live. Love. Repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say it is a thinner consistency but not runny

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Raspberry Pink shade too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Raspberry Pink!! So pretty~<3 Thanks for this, Stella! Been waiting for these swatches actually! hehe
    Love, Mira | http://lemieletlavanille.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome ! Raspberry Pink is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 by Pastel Boulevard. All rights reserved.

Template design by Carrielovesdesign