4.18.2015

Laneige Brush Pact 'No. 2 Pore Blur' Review


After several years in the States, I had forgotten how unbearable April can be in Thailand. It is literally an oven here, and I'm roasted up real good. My skin has become oilier than usual as a result, so I have been seriously powdering up to keep my foundation intact. I currently use the Brush Pact from Laneige, which I purchased during my trip to Korea. Keep on reading for my thoughts on the product!


BRUSH PACT

Brand: Laneige
Product Type: Face Powder
Capacity: 9g
Shade: No. 2 Pore Blur
Website: www.laneige.co.kr
Retail Price: 30,000 Won
Shop: Jolse, W2Beauty

Laneige Brush Pact is a portable powder pact claimed to provide a professional touch to your makeup and to keep your makeup fresh for longer hours. There are 3 shades available. No. 2 'Pore Blur' is designed to create a silky matte finish, blur pores, and control oil. All 3 are labeled as suitable for all skin types.  


The powder comes in a compact cylinder packaging with a brush included. It is sturdy but quite bulky for travel. It will fit into a regular-size makeup pouch nonetheless. The upside is that you don't need to carry a separate brush or puff to touch-up powder during the day. 


To use the powder, twist open the pact and twist the metallic cap on the top to release the brush. The bottom compartment is the pressed powder. 


I have a love-hate relationship with the brush. I love that it's dense, soft, and feels gentle on skin, but it is too stiff for my liking. With a stiff brush, it can be tricky (at least for me) to apply the powder 'lightly' to avoid moving the foundation underneath. Also, I prefer flat brushes over round ones since I like to be precise with application. This is subjective opinion though, because I know others who prefer this kind of brush and can use it with ease.


Although the powder is white, it comes off as translucent on skin. This will suit a wide range of skin tone, but I'm not sure how it will fare for very dark skin. The pore-blurring effect is so-so, but it doesn't accentuate pores or settle into them. It turns my makeup into a soft-matte finish that looks pretty natural, not powdery nor flat. It also doesn't dry my skin out or cause it to turn flaky/cakey after hours of wear. However, if you have dry skin or dry patches, it might be a good idea to moisturize your skin thoroughly to prevent the powder from accentuating the dryness. Since I have oily-combo skin, this is not a problem for me. All is well except the oil control, which could have been better since this is meant to prolong the freshness of makeup.

QUICK TAKE

  • Compact and convenient
  • Translucent
  • Brush is soft and dense, but is quite stiff
  • Pore-blurring effect is so-so
  • Doesn't accentuate pores or settle into them
  • Provides natural-looking soft matte finish
  • Doesn't become patchy or cakey
  • Face doesn't appear powdery or flat
  • Not drying
  • Minimal oil control

This is a decent powder pact that would be perfect for those who'd love a convenient touch-up during the day. I think this product is appropriate for all skin types as claimed. If you do not require much oil control, it will be perfect for you. If you have very oily skin but don't mind touching-up once or twice throughout the day, you'll probably like it as well. Overall, this is a nice product to have in your pouch for when you need a quick makeup fix.




l CONNECT WITH ME l


Bloglovin' Twitter Instagram GFC

3 comments :

  1. i've seen some of the other ones around blogs and i think this is an interesting concept. i agree about the 'brush moving foundation' part though. i guess since your getting oilier in the heat, the foundation is already more 'liquidy' on your face when you need to touch up with powder so it'll be hard to brush something on w/o moving it around.

    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  2. The packaging is amazing! :) Have you ever tried out something from the No-Sebum collection from Innisfree? Maybe this will help your oily skin a lot~
    http://itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The concept of having the brush together with the powder is nice. I'm always happy about such travel friendly items. Luckily my face is never that oily and the weather here not humid either, so I hardly ever need to touch up my face.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 by Pastel Boulevard. All rights reserved.

Template design by Carrielovesdesign