5.04.2015

Innisfree Real Fluid Rouge no. 5, 7, 9 Review & Swatches


It was a rough week but the good news is I'm having a long holiday! That means I get to work on my blog and take some photos for a couple of product reviews sitting in my draft. I know I've been absent from my blog lately, but I hope this post can make up for that :) Many of you are probably interested in this product so without any further ado, let's get into the review for the Innisfree Real Fluid Rouge.


REAL FLUID ROUGE

Brand: Innisfree
Product Type: Liquid Lipstick
Shade: No. 5, 7, 9
Capacity: 3g
Retail Price: KRW 12,000 
Website: www.innisfree.co.kr

Innisfree Real Fluid Rouge is released as a part of Spring 2015 makeup collection and is available in 10 Spring-appropriate vivid shades. The product claims to enrich lips with camellia oil and provide a plumping effect that makes lips look healthy and full. It is released around the same time as Etude House Color in Liquid Lips, and they both have similar packaging and concept. However, Etude House offers matte finish while Innisfree is a glossy lipstick-gloss hybrid. I'd say it is very much inspired by the famous Dior Addict Fluid Stick, so it can be an affordable alternative for those who are looking for such kind of texture. 


[From left to right: no. 5 / 7 / 9]

The product comes in a packaging similar to the Dior Addict Fluid Stick - a lipstick bullet embodied in a clear plastic tube. It is light and perfect for a small purse. It is cute though not as gorgeous as the Dior one, but I'm not going to complain since it is much cheaper.  


Even though the shade label is at the bottom of the tube, you won't have a problem identifying the shade since the tube is clear. So, no need to store these babies up-side-down.


The product has a doe foot applicator. Personally, I don't like this particular one since it picks up way too much product and can easily make application messy. I always have to swipe away the excess before applying on my lips. It is not absolutely dreadful but can be sort of annoying.


It has a sweet fruity scent that I actually find pleasant. The texture is more of a lip gloss than a liquid lipstick. It glides on easily and doesn't tug on lips. However, I find that application can be tricky as the product is slightly difficult to spread evenly. At least for me, it does take quite an effort to apply an even coat of this without ending up with excess products on my lips, but it's getting better with practice.


The product is hydrating without being sticky and provides a plumping effect that makes my lips look full and smooth. Plus, this feels comfortable and lightweight on lips. It is pigmented and leaves a slight tint after fading. The more vivid the shade, the more vivid the tint it leaves. Therefore, no. 5 and 7 tint the lips more so than no. 9. I find the lasting power of this product average as it starts fading after 2-3 hours of wear. It also doesn't survive well through meals and does tend to transfer quite a bit. 


No. 5 Blossom Pink is a vivid rose pink shade. This is one of the recommended shades and is among the more pigmented selections from the shade range. It really brightens your face and can create either natural or bold look depending on how much product you use. This is a pink shade that would look flattering on both pink and yellow undertone skin. 


No. 7 Dreaming Orange Red is a bright orange red shade. I don't have many orange toned lip products so I thought this would be a great addition to my collection. It is not so orange that it looks weird on the face. It leans towards the red so it would look great on any skin tone in my opinion. If you are bored of the pinks, this is a shade you might want to check out.


No. 9 Caffe Brown is a gorgeous muted peach shade. This is one of the best-selling shades and I can see why. It took me a while to get my hands on this because it was sold out everywhere I looked. It is now restocked at most places though. This shade is perfect for everyday look and is pretty forgiving. It doesn't wash me out and I think it is suitable for a wide range of skin tone. I'd say this is a low-maintenance shade, and I've been reaching for it most frequently among the three. However, compared to darker shades, it barely leaves any tint after fading and the lasting power seems to be the worse. 


QUICK TAKE
  • Hydrating, Non-drying
  • Plumping effect
  • Doesn't accentuate dry flakes and lip lines
  • Pigmented and vivid
  • Glossy finish
  • Lip gloss texture that glides on smoothly
  • Can be difficult to spread product evenly
  • Average lasting power
  • Leaves slight tint after fading (more or less depending on the shade)
  • Transfers quite easily 

I'd say this is a decent dupe of the Dior Addict Fluid Stick. I personally prefer Dior's texture as it is easier to work with. Nonetheless, the Innisfree Real Fluid Rouge is a budget-friendly alternative that works just fine. I especially adore No. 9 Caffe Brown - it is pretty hard to find such a gorgeous muted shade so I'm glad I waited for it to be restocked. Have you tried this product yet? What do you think about it?


Where to Shop? I got mine from Jolse. This is also available at: Ibuybeauti, Cosmetic-love, W2Beauty 




l CONNECT WITH ME l


Bloglovin' Twitter Instagram GFC

15 comments :

  1. That caffe brown shade is SOO pretty <3 <3

    http://toomanybiases.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive been eyeing these for so long! But no. 7 Dreaming Orange Red is absolutely gorgeous <3

    Jessie @ bijou-heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how gorgeous! There are so many of these dior fluid stick look a likes now! I totally will be purchasing one from another brand than Dior! Love Caffe brown, it's exactly the type of shade I love! I tend not to go with brighter shades with lipglosses unless they're a bit stick and will stay within the lips better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that caffe brown shade is so pretty..!! it's going to my next list <3


    www.chubzlicious.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the third blog I've seen these on, and now I must try them! No 5 and No 9 both look amazing on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for reading <3 Definitely check it out :) Especially shade No.9!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agreed :) It's absolutely pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Caffe brown is indeed gorgeous! This product does transfer to cups and whatnot but I didn't experience it transferring out of lip lines :) Maybe give it a try <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is! It's a perfect orange for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colors are really pretty. I especially like the orange red shade from the ones you showed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love dreaming orange red! its is soooo pretty!!

    Oreleona | http://www.oreleona.com
    Oreleona | Pristine's Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  12. the colours look so good! I'm still contemplating over these and the etude house version of them!


    http://affidavita.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are such nice playful colours - great for spring/summer :D


    kelkelxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your blog photos! By the way, Caffe brown is really gorgeous!

    bjorkiagadzotica.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 by Pastel Boulevard. All rights reserved.

Template design by Carrielovesdesign