11.12.2015

Review: Blush & False Lashes from Born Pretty Store


Here comes the second part to my review of the products Born Pretty Store sent me a while back. If you haven't already checked out the first part, click here to read the review. While the last review of Born Pretty Store was entirely about lipsticks, this one will be on a blusher and false lashes which I rarely write about on my blog. I guess this is a chance to do something new :) Now, let's get on to the review shall we?


Apart from the three lipsticks I previously made a review on, I was sent a blusher and a pair of false lashes. They are both very affordable. Although I have never heard of the brands before, they look pretty nice and legit for their prices. I chose these two products because I noticed I haven't done (or rather, have never done) a review on any makeup product apart from foundations and lipsticks. So, I took the chance to expand the coverage of my reviews. Plus, they looked quite interesting and worth a try. 


ARDELL FASHION LASHES 'BLINK BLACK'

I'm one of the lucky gals who rarely needs to put on false lashes because my lashes are naturally pretty long. Only on very special occasion will I wear them to achieve a more dramatic result. I normally get by with a few coats of mascara as I mainly wear a natural, no-makeup look on most days. So, I wouldn't say I have a lot of experience with false lashes but I'll try to make the best judgement of this product. 


This product is considered quite light and high in quality compared to those you can find at the same price level. The material feels very synthetic though. For a false lashes newbie like me, it is a bit difficult to put on, especially since the band is very thin. However, a thin band is good as it looks more natural when applied. It feels somewhat comfortable, but not feels-like-wearing-nothing comfortable. It wouldn't want to wear this for more than 4-5 hours. 

All in all, this is a great budget-friendly pair of false lashes that would compliment any makeup look. As you can see, there is a huge difference between the before and after shots. The false lashes provide a dramatic effect that really enhance my overall look. My eyes become incredibly more defined so I do love the result! This would be perfect for a night out or other special occasions, but I personally think they are too dramatic for daily wear - I'd prefer something more subtle for that.


EFOLAR BLUSHER 'SHADE 01'

This compact blush is a really cute product that comes with a mirror and a brush so it's very convenient to carry around for a touch up during the day. I like how there's a separate compartment for the brush. The quality of the brush is alright - not good and not bad. It is soft and picks up the product fine. 


The blush itself is powdery and not quite pigmented, but the baby pink color is very pretty and perfect for a sweet dolly look. I swiped it multiple times (5-6 swipes) to get the product to show on my arm and you still can't even see it clearly. However, I find it not too bad on my cheeks. It shows up as a nice subtle baby pink that is natural looking and great for daily wear. The staying power is average but it's hassle-free to touch up. In the photo below, I applied this blush lightly and it did a good job in brightening up the makeup look ever so slightly. It might not be very noticeable in the photo but you can clearly see it in real life. 


Overall: These products are very affordable - both of them combined cost less than $10. Their quality are great for their prices so you really do get a good bang out of your bucks. I actually have been using the blush a lot these days cause I like how flattering its baby pink shade looks on me. I think the products from Born Pretty Store are really worth a try, especially for those with tight budget, so you should definitely check out their collections. 


Where to Shop? Head to BornPrettyStore to browse through more affordable makeup products. If you make a purchase, don't forget to use code WG10 for a 10% off your purchase!

Disclosure: This is a sponsored review. All opinions expressed are my own.   



l CONNECT WITH ME l


Bloglovin' Twitter Instagram GFC

No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 by Pastel Boulevard. All rights reserved.

Template design by Carrielovesdesign