2.23.2015

S E O U L (6) : Cafe Street Samcheong-dong [삼청동] & Innisfree Jeju House


Hey, guys! Today, I'll wrap up my Seoul travelogue with Samcheong-dong, one of my favorite places in Seoul. If you like to explore different cafes with unique themes and menus, you'll definitely enjoy walking through Samcheong-dong since it's known as Cafe Street. Here, you can see many cafes along the way, and they all have distinct characteristics. I wish I had a whole day just to hop around cafes and take photos, but I didn't have enough time. Therefore, I only went to one that I anticipated to visit the most - the Innisfree Jeju House. Before I talk about the cafe, let's take a brief look around Samcheong-dong.


Samcheong-dong was not as crowded with tourists as other famous streets like Myeong-dong, although it was nearby Bukchon Hanok Village. Aside from cafes, there were a lot of stores selling cute clothes and accessories. I could also see many cosmetics stores, which actually were everywhere in Seoul. With all the cute stores around, I could tell it was a popular place for young women.


This is the view from the BBQ place my mom and I had lunch at. Some old-style houses and buildings from Bukchon were visible from here.  I was so hungry so I forgot to take photos lol. The food was good but it was quite pricey.


After lunch, we headed to Innisfree Jeju House right away. It was actually close to the BBQ place. The cafe first opened in Jeju Island and just recently opened a branch in Seoul. There are only 2 Innisfree Jeju House in Korea. Since I could not go to Jeju, I really wanted to stop by here to see the exclusive items they have and to try some of their dessert menus. The cafe has 3 floors. As you can see, the first is the cosmetics store with all the exclusive products such as the fresh topping pack.


These are eco-friendly stationary and bags, which is exclusive to Innisfree Jeju House. They are cute but a tad bit pricey.


The exclusive Fresh topping pack is really interesting. The concept is that you choose the mask base and natural toppings that address your skin needs. The cream base is for hydration and the clay base is for deep cleansing. I really had fun choosing the toppings. I just wanted to try all lol.


When you make a purchase, you'll receive a coin to play for a lucky box. Depend on how much you spend, you may get more than one coin. I thought it was a cute idea. The box contains a mix of samples. 


The cafe was on level 2 and 3. Level 3 was rooftop outdoor seating. 


A sweet potato cake? Yes, please! As a fan of sweet potato, I couldn't wait to try it. I love how their desserts and drinks are made from natural ingredients and not from artificial favoring. Many ingredients are selectively sourced from Jeju Island and some of them are even organic.


The interior of the cafe is minimalistic and very easy on the eye. You can feel relaxed here. I think it does fit their 'green cafe' concept very well.


I had blue-ade and sweet potato cake, while my mom ordered carrot juice and pumpkin tart. The blue-ade was so good. I feel like ades are really popular in Korea - everywhere I went to had ades and they were all pretty amazing. The cake was super delicious. I'd never seen sweet potato cake anywhere before so I was excited to have a try, and it turned out awesome :) My mom said the carrot juice was good though she didn't think the pumpkin tart was the best she'd had. Generally, we had a great time at Innisfree Jeju House - our craving for dessert was satisfied and we did some cosmetics shopping. I'm glad they decided to open up a branch in Seoul. If you love healthy dessert and natural cosmetics, this is a perfect chill place for you. I'm seriously craving for another sweet potato cake right now! Next time, I'll definitely check out the sweet potato latte as well.

So, that's it for my Seoul travelogue! What do you think about Samcheong-dong and Innisfree Jeju House? Have you been there or would you like to go? I'm really looking forward for another trip to Korea to explore other places I hadn't been to such as Garosu-gil, Busan, and Jeju Island. Gotta start saving up now, I guess lol. See you next post! 


26 comments :

  1. I will remember this place and I will surely go there! A whole house full of Innisfree! This is a dream! :) Plus, I would love to try their food, too! It looks so delicious! c: Did you buy something there? :)
    http://itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I wish I had seen this post before! I went there last summer but didn't go to Innisfree's Jeju house :( Thank you for the post, now I know!

    http://toomanybiases.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my gosh, i am def going to this area if i'm ever back in seoul. i love that there are some exclusive items for this particular innisfree. i want to explore that brand more in general

    ReplyDelete
  4. Samcheongdong is one of the best place I've ever been, I like how the cafes there all have pretty interiors and designs :D
    I haven't tried anything from Innisfree Jeju House, but I would love to ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOhhh I'd definitely go there if I ever get to go to Seoul! I'm such a big fan of Innisfree's products... pretty sure I'd spend so much just in that one store aha... I really enjoyed this series!! :)

    Connie from theconbonz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg, I totally wish I had a free and easy trip to korea now! I've seen another blogger visit that innisfree house and I'd love to visit it! The cake and the drinks! YUMMY! I've actually been to jeju before and it's gorgeous, so windy, so peaceful and I would love to visit Korea now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep! I couldn't help myself lol! I got some cosmetics, diffuser, and even their instant tangerine tea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely stop by next time :) The dessert and drinks are awesome! Plus, you got a building full of Innisfree products lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a must visit if you're interested in Innisfree :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, I wanted to visit all the cafe lol They are all pretty and unique :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you :) You'll love it! It's better than ordinary store cause you can get some healthy food while shopping lol. And, also the exclusive items :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to visit Jeju! May be I'll consider going to Korea again this Spring or Fall :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm extremely jealous!! Thanks so much for sharing this, I will definitely put this on my itinerary whenever I go to korea (if i don't make it to Jeju).
    I followed your lovely blog
    i hope you stop by mine ^^
    http://siren7.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're welcome :) Next time I hope to make it to Jeju! It should be so much better there :D Thanks for the follow <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. All of your pictures are so beautiful! I'll need to stop by there when I go to visit Korea~ I loved this post so much~
    Just followed! I'm definitely looking forward to more posts from you <3

    xoxo Payton
    My Blog~Mini Clothing Haul + My Prom Dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Samcheongdong is my place in Seoul too :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing pictures!! I recently visited Korea as well, but I didn't get a chance to visit Jeju Island! Your pictures make me regret not making the effort to go!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The cafe has one store in Seoul as well :) The one I went to was in Seoul. Regrettably, I also didn't get a chance to go to Jeju :( Next time, I'll definitely give it a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, is it easy to locate the innisfree cafe in samcheongdong? I've tried to search on the internet for a clear, exact location to the place but I can't seem to find it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. It was not easy for me as well. I searched up the exact address of the cafe and used the Apple map to find the walking route. The address is 104 Samcheong-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much for this post! I'm heading to Seoul in june and I reaaaaally wanted to visit the jeju house, and now thanks to you, i know there's one in Seoul!! :3 I can't wait :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great post! Samcheongdong is one of my favourite places in Seoul!
    I didn't visit the Innisfree Cafe when I was at Samcheongdong. Do you mind if I link to this post for my blog post on Samcheongdong? Thanks :)

    Cheers,
    Sheryl =)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey, sorry for the late reply. Please feel free to do so :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great post! I've been wanting to visit the innisfree house in jeju to make soap! Did they have the soap making activity in Seoul? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 by Pastel Boulevard. All rights reserved.

Template design by Carrielovesdesign