2.11.2015

Innisfree Eco Flower Tint Balm No.2, 3, 4 Review & Swatches


Whew, it took me quite a while to edit all the photos for this post, but here it is. Innisfree released the Eco Flower Tint Balm around November or December of last year, but I haven't heard much about it from international bloggers although I've seen quite a lot of Korean bloggers talking about it. Well, it's likely because it wasn't advertised as much as other products from the brand that were released around the same time, like the Orchid skincare line. Alright, without any further ado, let's get right into the review!


Innisfree Eco Flower Tint Balm is a lip tint in a balm formula. It claims to give off vivid colors while moisturizing your lips. The tint balm comes in 5 shades, with #2 Garden Balsam and #3 Camellia as main / recommended colors.

 Available at   Innisfreeworld ($9), Korea Depart ($6.33), Jolse ($8.98), Cosmetic-Love ($8.49)


Just like other lip tints from the brand, the product doesn't comes in a box. Instead, it comes with a sticker seal. The round tube is made from plastic and is very light. It has the basic and practical look as expected from Innisfree products. The only complaint I have is that it rolls around everywhere.


The product shade is written in Korean at the back of the tube. It's alright if you can't read Korean since you won't need it anyway - you can conveniently identify the product shade from the cap.


You might think that it has a floral scent because of the name, but it actually doesn't have any noticeable smell. For some shade (#2 in my case), the product sometimes get scraped off along the corner of the tube - my advice is to be very careful twisting this up and down. Also, I feel like it can easily melt if exposed to heat for a long period of time. Therefore, avoid leaving your purse out in the sun if you'll be carrying it around.


The product is moderately pigmented, glides on smoothly with the balm texture, and provides a slightly glossy finish. It is also non-sticky. Although they are labeled as a 'balm' type, don't be misled - it's moisturizing and non-drying but they can accentuate dry patches on your lips during application. #2 is particularly unforgiving, while I don't see much problem with #3 and #4. My tip is to exfoliate your lips and apply this in short strokes. You can also apply a clear lip balm beforehand if you need more moisture. Lasting power-wise, it wears well for 3-4 hours before the color starts to fade, so I'd say it's pretty good. The moisture lasts quite long, especially if you prep with a lip balm. If you eat/drink, most of the color and moisture will be gone but it will leave a stain on you lips. Reapplication is easy but you may need to apply a lip balm first if your lips are cracked and flaky.


#2 Garden Balsam is a bright coral shade. It doesn't turn out as orange as the bullet. Out of the three I got, this one tends to accentuate dryness on lips the most and score the least on lasting/staining power. However, I find that I like this shade the best since it's pretty, not very common, and appropriate for daily wear. If you're bored of the pinks and reds, you'll definitely love this shade.


#3 Camellia is a cool-toned pink shade. I tried using this when I didn't wear any makeup because I wanted to add a slight pop of color to my face - it ended up being too vivid and I looked pretty awkward with bare face and bright pink lips. It's made to provide good pigmentation, so it's not like other tinted lip balms that give just a hint of color. I think you can use it on no-makeup days but you have to apply very little to the lips for natural result.


#4 Rose is a rosy red shade. It's the most pigmented out of the three. Even though some natural lip color still shows through, you can get the intensity of a glossy lipstick if you build up the color. This will be perfect for a night out when you need a red lip product that won't dry your lips out and is easy to reapply.



QUICK TAKE
  • Moisturizing and non-drying
  • Non-sticky
  • Moderately pigmented
  • The balm texture glides on smoothly
  • Slightly glossy finish
  • Long-lasting: wears well for 3-4 hours
  • Leaves stain after the color fades
  • Can accentuate dry patches on lips: #2 in particular
  • Easy reapplication (may need to apply lip balm first if lips are dry)
  • Might melt if exposed to heat

Overall, I really like this tint balm. It's great for everyday wear when you don't want to worry too much about your lips. It's also such a good bang for the buck. I'd  recommended this for anyone in cold climate who needs a lip balm with nice pigmentation for daily makeup look. What do you think about this? Have you tried the Eco Flower Tint Balm or something similar before?

PS. Don't forget to join my K-Cosmetics Giveaway! It will end in less than 10 days :)


29 comments :

  1. Based on the pictures alone, they look moisturizing haha! :p
    Too bad they do accentuate dry patches, but overall great review and your pictures look fabuuuulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking at this lip balm for the longest time, they look extremely pretty *A* i'll definitely try one (or two, or three) soon **

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been waiting for this review aha! I was originally going to purchase them after seeing them in your haul. But I was unsure because of the 'flower' part of the name, since I don't like flower scented lip products. I think I still might consider buying camellia or rose since they don't have a distinct scent, but then again, I have a lot of lip tint/balm type products :c.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the review ^_^ These tint balms seem pretty great!!

    http://toomanybiases.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look Beautiful! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my....Rose is sooo beautiful! I love the look of this balm product, the colors really are great, I thought they'd be more sheer but these are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the garden balsam! :) Lip tint balms are like my best friends; my lips get extremely chapped if I just use lip stick, and sometimes putting regular lip balm under makes the color smudge, but this one is perfect. :)

    vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes!! It's finally here! For some reason, they remind me of the Aritaum Honey Melting Tint. Do you think they are similar?


    Connie from theconbonz

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colors especially Garden Balsam. I never reakky had a look at these tinted lip balms because I have to many lip products atm, but do you think that these are comparabke with the Aritaum Honey Melting Tints?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so nice! I am torn between this and etude liquid lips. Think i need to have more of a browse on these types of balms.


    www.hummingdaze.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the rose color! and you take nice photos :3

    Join my giveaway! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh i love all the colors its so nice!

    Jessie @ bijou-heart ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Camellia and Rose looks nice! Garden Balsam looks great too, perfect for everyday wear. Too bad it accentuates dry patches. XD

    ReplyDelete
  14. these look really promising but good point about the potential melty-ness on a hot day. somethings i think that's unavoidable when it comes to such balmy products. the colors look great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome post! Love the pictures! And hmm, I think I would go for Rose because the other two aren't pigmented enough, but then again... it is a lip tint. Haha! ^^

    http://beekyoote.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really love the garden balsam color.never try tint balm before so i think i should try it sometime!thanks for the review!

    www.petite-diaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. If you prep your lips well, you won't have any problem with this :) I find that applying a lip balm beforehand helps with application a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lol I'm running out of storage space for my lip tint/balm products too :P You should give it a try if you can :) It's a nice product and pretty affordable :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. They're definitely more pigmented than I thought but I love the pigmentation :) I wish Garden Balsam is a tad bit more opaque though.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I haven't tried the Aritaum one yet so I can't say for sure. But from the reviews I've read on the melting tint, I'd say it's more or less similar to this. Will put up a review once I get to try the melting tint out :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think they're very different from each other. If you want pigmentation, go for the Etude. But if you want a moisturizing product for daily wear, the Innisfree one is quite nice :) I'm also thinking of getting some of the Etude liquid lips to try out.

    ReplyDelete
  22. If you exfoliate your lips / applying a lip balm beforehand, you won't have any problem with that :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Balms are one of my obsessions, so I really want to try these now! I really like the Rose.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow!! They look amazing! The rose shade is definitely my favorite :)
    Great review!!
    Love, Jenny
    http://itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great tips ! i can see the difference it makes all clear ! Thanks for sharing, i love it! ^-^
    xo , Lovelacee
    Real Datpiff Supplier.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I noticed that you always review the same products that I wanted to try out as well lol~
    I feel like this one is similar to the bunny gloss bar from tonymoly. I think the rose one looks really pretty >.< i might give this a try when my current bunny gloss bar is empty :-)
    Thanks for this review, stella ♥

    http://mymychen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. This seems similar to the Maybelline Babylips which I absolutely adore. Rose looks great on you!
    www.chubbylamb.ca

    ReplyDelete
  28. We probably have the same taste in cosmetics :D I've never tried the bunny gloss bar but it has the cutest packaging ever!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 by Pastel Boulevard. All rights reserved.

Template design by Carrielovesdesign