12.06.2014

Best Toner for Normal to Dry Skin - Clarins Toning Lotion with Camomile Review


A couple of days ago, I bought my third bottle of Clarins Toning Lotion with Camomile, and I realized that I have yet to review this awesome product on my blog. It's very rare that I repurchase any skincare more than twice, so me buying this for the third time says a lot about how great a toner it is. If you are looking for a toner that does more than toning your skin, make sure to read on after the jump!


Clarins Toning Lotion with Camomile is a toner formulated for normal to dry skin types. I think it's good for combo skin as well, though it may be a bit too moisturizing for oily skin. The toner contains camomile extract as well as vitamins to create fresh, soft, and radiant skin. It also helps to balance the skin's PH level and prep skin for next step in the regimen. The toner is alcohol-free so sensitive or dry skin types do not have to worry if it's going to dry your skin out.

Available at: Clarins, Sephora, Nordstrom


When I purchased this from Sephora, it didn't come with a box. I guess you have to purchase it directly from the counter.


Although it doesn't contain alcohol, fragrance is pretty high up in the list, so those with sensitive skin should take caution if you are are easily irritated by scented products. It has a floral scent that is not too overwhelming. Personally, although I was concern about the amount of fragrance at first, it didn't cause me irritations or breakouts. I actually find that it is one of the most soothing toners I've tried.   


The toner comes in a transparent plastic bottle with a secured screw cap. Well, there's nothing much to say about the packaging - its just simple and practical. The toner has a yellow color, but it is colorless when applied.


I apply the toner with a cotton pad after cleansing, and it instantly hydrates, softens, and soothes my skin. I can feel my skin being rebalanced and toned - my face is very soft, clean, and ready for the next step in my skincare routine. On days when my skin is dull and especially dry, this toner makes a world of difference. It absorbs pretty quickly and doesn't leave sticky residue. There's no tight feeling whatsoever as there is no alcohol. Since I started using this, my skin texture becomes visibly more even, and so does my skin tone. I also get fewer breakouts and dry, flaky patches than I normally do. I really didn't expect to see this much of improvements from a toner! I used to hate foundations as they don''t apply well on me, but since using this toner, I feel more comfortable with face makeup.


QUICK TAKE

  • Moisturizing, soothing
  • Leaves skin clean, soft, and supple
  • Tones and balances skin's PH level
  • Prepares skin for next step in skincare routine
  • Improves skin texture and overall skin tone
  • Absorbs pretty quickly and is non-sticky
  • No irritations or breakouts
  • After using this, I experience fewer breakouts than I normally do
  • Alcohol-free, non-drying
  • Contains high amount of fragrance - sensitive skin may have to be cautious
  • Good for combo, normal, dry skin

This toner is, by far, the best I've tried. It does more than tone - it improves the overall condition of my skin. If you are suffering from dry skin or simply want to see more effects from your toner, I highly recommend you to try this out! I'll continue to repurchase this again and again until I can find a better one. Any suggestions for a good toner?




6 comments :

  1. Ohh I love how this Toner has additional Skincare benefits! ^ - ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know for the longest time I thought their toners had alcohol in them just because the way it's packaged and I'm allergic to alcohol BUT!! it's so good to hear they're alcohol free!! I really should check labelings next time before giving up. I've been trying to find a good toner that won't break me out maybe this will be the one!! thanks for the review :)

    Fancy Nancy’s YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it sounds like an awesome toner!! Your pictures look amazing!♪
    http://itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah :) It does more than just tone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely try it out! All Clarins toners are alcohol-free but this one is especially nice for sensitive skin that is prone to breakouts :)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 by Pastel Boulevard. All rights reserved.

Template design by Carrielovesdesign