8.24.2014

3 Concept Eyes Water Gloss 'Funny Booster' and 'Lucky Strike' Review & Swatches



From my recent 3 Concept Eyes/Stylenanda haul, I've got several things I want to do a review on and I decided to start off with the brand's latest release, the Water Gloss. I was quite skeptical about this product when I first saw it since their lip lacquer didn't really work well for me, so I hesitated whether to give it a go. Well, I'm glad I didn't let my previous disappointment prevents me from trying new things from the brand. The Water Gloss turns out to be a worthy splurge as it exceeds my expectations in many ways. Keep reading to find out how :)


Water Gloss is a lightweight, pigmented lip gloss with a glossy and moist finish. It promises to keep your lips hydrated during long period of wear as well as providing vivid colors. It also claims that the color will become more vivid and glossy after each reapplication. All the shades available are so pretty that I wanted them all, but my budget restricted me to only two. After a difficult decision, I went with Funny Booster and Lucky Strike just to play on the safe side.




It comes with the usual sleek black packaging. I like the color band under the cap since I can easily identify which one is which shade. The cap is secure, and the tube is very light so the product is travel-friendly.


It claims that the product comes with the 'best applicator.' Well, it's great but I'd say it's not the best. It is easy to work around lip lines with precision, and it glides the product on smoothly along the lips. However, I find that it picks up more product than the amount I need to cover my entire lips. May be it's just me, though. So, I usually swipes the excess off before applying, or sometimes I just dab the product on and spread it with my finger (you can use the finger method to achieve the tinted look as well by dabbing a bit of the product on the center of the lips then spread it outwards using you finger).


Funny Booster is a rosy pink while Lucky Strike is a milky coral. Both shades are so pretty. Funny Booster is more pigmented out of the two. It's probably as pigmented as a lipstick, and super vivid. Lucky Strike is a more toned down shade but still bright and quite vivid. It's something for everyday wear. The texture is very smooth and lightweight. The finish is glossy - it is actually less glossy than I thought but still.





OVERALL THOUGHTS

It is by far my number two favorite product from the brand (the eyebrow kit being the first). I was reluctant to give it a try at first due to my meh experience with their lip lacquer, but I'm happy that I did try it out. I thought it would be drying and badly accentuates dry flakes like the lip lacquer, but no - it turns out to be quite a decent lip gloss that really exceeds all my expectations. It is moisturizing (but I still recommend priming with lip balm beforehand for a smooth canvas) and has a nice non-sticky, long-lasting glossy finish. Both colors are vivid, gorgeous, and pigmented. My favorite of the two is Lucky Strike - it is a girly shade which I just love so much. Plus, it is perfect for everyday minimal makeup I usually wear. I'd say the quality is almost as good, if not as good as the Lancome Lip Lover and the Dior Addict Fluid Stick. Oh, I also find that the color becomes more vivid and the finish becomes more glossy after each reapplication just like they claim. One thing to point out though - my lips feel a tad bit dry after 3-4 hours due to moisturizing effect wearing out. However, my dry flakes are not accentuated when that happen. All I need to do is apply a lip balm with my finger or just reapply the product to add hydration back.

AVAILABLE AT: Stylenanda


THE GOOD

Long-lasting
Pigmented
Moisturizing
Glossy finish
Non-sticky
Doesn't accentuate dry flakes
Hassle-free reapplication

NEUTRAL

Leaves some stain after fading out

THE BAD


Moisturizing effect only lasts 3-4 hours of wear


 photo email_zps8905e462.png  photo google-plus_zpse7e48b2c.png  photo bloglovin_zps14b00653.png  photo instagram_zps95975f0d.png  photo pinterest_zpsbcd5d7bf.png

7 comments :

  1. I also thought their lip lacquer was just alright but this looks much more promising :O !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try out the 3CE lip products, but Urban Outfitters has a limited selection and I feel like I have to make the $150(?) for the free shipping LOL. But these colours look so nice ;;~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea the shipping fee is a real pain :( You can try looking at other online stores that also carry the brand :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This works much much better than the lip lacquer! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you :D Lucky Strike is indeed a very pretty color and perfect for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I trust your lippy choices ! You always come up with my favourite tones :D

    meishenmeweishenme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 by Pastel Boulevard. All rights reserved.

Template design by Carrielovesdesign