1.30.2016

Innisfree Soybean Energy Essence [Light] Review


There are more than a handful of dupes for the cult-favorite SK-II Facial Treatment Essence, and Innisfree Soybean Energy Essence is among the more recently released ones. Instead of fermented rice, Innisfree uses fermented soybean. The one I got is a lighter version, the Soybean Energy Essence [Light], which is more suitable for my oily-combo skin in this hot weather. I haven't had much luck with fermented products, but being a beauty junkie, I can't help but to give it a try lol. Without further ado, let's get into the review!


SOYBEAN ENERGY ESSENCE [LIGHT]

Brand: Innisfree
Product Type: Essence
Skin Type: Oily to Normal
Capacity: 150 ML
Retail Price: KRW 35,000
Website: www.innisfree.co.kr

Innisfree Soybean Energy Essence [Light] is a lightweight essence containing 94% fermented Jeju soybean solution that promises to enhance skin tone and texture. According to Innisfree, the skin-activating ingredients created during the fermentation process purify dull skin and restore firmness to sagging skin. Compared to the original essence, the [light] version is more suitable for summer months or for those with oily to combination skin. This product is formulated without paraben, colorants, mineral oil, animal ingredients, synthetic fragrance, and imidazolidinyl urea. 


Ingredients: Soybean ferment extract is listed first, meaning that it is present in higher volume compared to the rest of the ingredients. This is great news since high concentration of natural extract will provide you with lots of benefits. The essence also contains several more natural ingredients such as the willow bark extract and lotus flower extract for their various benefits including anti-inflammatory and moisturizing properties. Being alcohol and artificial fragrance free is also a huge plus. According to Cosdna, most ingredients are rated as low hazard, so it seems to be a mild product that even sensitive skin folks can enjoy. 

Personally, it has not given me negative reactions. A few days after I started using it, I noticed a couple of small acne popping up so I thought this was the culprit because I sometimes react badly to fermented product. However, that was not the case since the acne subsided and no more breakouts happened after continuous usage. Stress or hormonal changes were likely the culprit. Nonetheless, those who have  had breakouts from fermented product should proceed with caution. 


The product comes in a frosted plastic bottle which I appreciate for its light weight and durability. It has a simple design that you'd expect from an Innisfree product. It comes with a small opening to pour out the product, similar to that of a toner. 


The clear essence has a toner-like watery consistency, unlike the regular version which has higher viscosity. Although the direction instructs to apply the product with a cotton pad, I decide to pat it in using my hands instead to avoid wastage. The product applies easily and absorbs quite quickly without leaving stickiness behind. Additionally, it does not have a foul smell like you might expect from a fermented product. 

After using this religiously for around a month, I have to say it is an average product for me - no negative effects to stop me from finishing up the bottle but also no wow factors to make me repurchase. It is a decent moisturizing essence that helps with hydrating and refining skin texture. The foundation applies and looks better since the skin is more even and dry patches are relieved. My face feels soft, smooth, and supple, but I have not noticed any clear improvement in my skin tone and sensitivity/redness.  As for firmness, I can't really comment on because I have yet to experience aging skin trouble. Another good thing is that it does not increase my sebum secretion nor break me out. While the product is suitable for normal to oily skin, I'd say it is too light for dry skin (the original version should be more appropriate). 


QUICK TAKE
  • Hydrating
  • Smooth out skin texture
  • No noticeable improvement in skin tone and redness/sensitivity
  • Leaves skin soft and supple
  • Foundation applies and looks better 
  • Does not increase sebum secretion
  • Lightweight and absorbs quickly
  • Non-sticky
  • No foul smell 
  • No breakouts or irritations 


Bottom Line: From my experience, this essence is an average product. It does a decent job in hydrating and refining skin texture - you know, basic stuffs. If you look for something more, this product might not suffice. Nonetheless, this is worth a try as it is an affordable product of its kind - who knows, you might see better results than me :)  At least for me, this works better than the SK-II although it's a dupe, since the SK-II one irritated my skin to no end (and cost a fortune T-T). 


Where to Shop? I go mine from Jolse. This product is also available online at Innisfreeworld and Ibuybeauti, and at any Innisfree stores.




l CONNECT WITH ME l


Bloglovin' Twitter Instagram GFC

No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 by Pastel Boulevard. All rights reserved.

Template design by Carrielovesdesign