2.20.2016

Holy Grail Primer! Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer Review


I used to think that a primer is unnecessary in my makeup routine. The first primer I tried was the Benefit Porefessional, which was so silicone-y that I felt it was suffocating my skin by clogging all the pores. It did an awesome job in smoothing out my skin, but it absolutely wasn't comfortable to use. The other one I gave a chance to was the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Light, and it did virtually nothing for me. But when I decided to splurge on the Hourglass Veil Mineral, my whole perspective changed - I now cannot live without a primer! Boy, it was truly a holy grail material and definitely deserves all the hype it has gotten. By now you probably know that this product is amazing, but let's talk about how and why this has become my all-time favorite! 


VEIL MINERAL PRIMER

Brand: Hourglass
Product Type: Primer
Skin Type: All
Capacity: 30 ml
Retail Price: 52 USD 
Website: www.hourglasscosmetics.com

The Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer is a silky multi-purpose primer that promises to prolong the wear time of foundation and powder. The weightless formula is non-greasy and doesn't ball up. It is formulated to conceal redness, minimize appearance of pores, smooth out fine lines and wrinkles, and protect skin from the sun with SPF 15. It also claims to repel water to keep your makeup looking fresh all day long. 


Ingredients: [Active Ingredients] Zinc Oxide 4.20%, Titanium Dioxide 2.45%. [Inactive Ingredients] Alumina, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hexyl Laurate, Isododecane, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Polysilicone-11, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Stearic Acid.

The product is formulated without paraben, fragrance, sulfates, nanoparticles, oil, phthalates, gluten, and synthetic dyes. Also, it is not tested on animals. 


The product comes in a frosted glass bottle with a metallic brown cap. It has a pump applicator which will keep the product fresh and bacteria-free. For me, one pump is enough for a whole face application since a little goes a long way with this one. I normally use half a pump and focuses on the areas where my huge pores are visible (nose and cheeks) rather than applying the product to the entire face. It is just too pricey for generous use lol.   


The non-shimmery product has a white color that does not show up on the face nor leave a white cast. The fluid consistency glides on effortlessly and instantly evens out skin texture, blurs imperfections slightly, and creates a smooth canvas for foundation. It does not feel sticky whatsoever, and more importantly, it does not have that heavy silicone feeling to it like the Benefit Porefessional does. The product also does not ball up or give an uncomfortable pore-clogging feeling. 

After applying the primer, the foundation goes on more evenly and looks smoother after setting nicely onto skin. The primer effectively prolongs the lasting power and freshness of makeup - I can see a noticeable difference with my oily combo skin. My foundation would look great all day on a 9-hour work day, with only once or twice of blotting needed. Moreover, the primer does not dry out my skin after extended hours of wear so my makeup does not turn blotchy or flaky. Not to mention, this product does not clog my pores and end up giving me breakouts or irritations. 



QUICK TAKE

  • Makeup noticeably lasts longer
  • Non shimmery
  • Creates a smooth canvas by instantly smoothing out texture and blurring imperfections
  • Foundation looks better
  • Doesn't make foundation cakey or blotchy 
  • Non-drying
  • No heavy silicone feeling and doesn't ball up
  • Non-sticky and sets immediately
  • No white cast
  • Glides on easily and feels comfortable on skin
  • Does not clog pores nor cause breakouts 

Bottom Line: This is by far the best primer I've ever used. It has all the qualities of a good primer. The best thing about this product, for me, is that it doesn't have heavy silicone texture that feels pore-clogging. The fact that it doesn't ball up like may primers do is also a huge plus. If you are looking for a good primer, you should definitely check this out. I cannot recommend this enough!



l CONNECT WITH ME l


Bloglovin' Twitter Instagram GFC

No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 by Pastel Boulevard. All rights reserved.

Template design by Carrielovesdesign