12.01.2015

Skin Savior!: SKIN & LAB Dr. Color Effect RED SERUM Review


When it comes to skincare, I can be pretty picky and only the best of the best made it into my prestigious holy grail list. Therefore, to call a particular product a 'skin savior,' it must have given me a spectacular result. Dr. Color Effect: Red Serum from Skin & Lab definitely deserves the 'skin savior' title as it exceeds my expectation in every ways - it has not only become a holy grail for me but also has perhaps become the best serum I've ever tried in my beauty junkie life. If you're curious to know more about this award-winning, best-selling product, keep on reading for the review (or rather, a rave).  


DR. COLOR EFFECT RED SERUM

Brand: SKIN & LAB 
Product Type: Serum
Skin Type: All
Capacity: 40 ML
Retail Price: USD 39.99
Websitewww.wishtrend.com

SKIN & LAB Dr. Color Red Serum is a best-selling concentrated skin protective and revitalizing serum that promises clear and bright skin tone, firm skin structure, flawless and silky skin texture, rich moisture from inner layer of skin, and intensive nourishment for healthy skin. It is an anti-wrinkle and whitening functional product for achieving radiant, youthful skin.

Source: Wishtrend
Ingredients: This serum contains the "Phyto Red Complex," which is a mixture of beneficial natural ingredients for the skin, including pomegranate, cloudberry, lycium, acai berry, blueberry, and raspberry. Together, they improves skin's elasticity, moisture, tone, texture, and health - it is an all-in-one solution for any skin types. According to Cosdna, the ingredients in this product are mostly low hazard, with a few rated as moderate hazard. I'd say this is relatively safe for sensitive skin. Moreover, I love how there are so many natural extracts in this serum and that it is alcohol-free.


The product comes in a plain red glass dropper bottle. I actually prefer pump applicator but I guess a dropper is more suitable for this serum's runny texture. I usually need 2-3 drops for an application to my entire face and neck. A little goes a long way with this one.   


There is a distinct jasmine scent to the serum since it contains jasmine oil as a natural fragrance. I find it personally soothing and not strong at all. Plus, jasmine oil also has anti-inflammatory properties, but I doubt the extent of its effectiveness since it is present in a very small amount. 


The serum has a texture of a runny gel that spreads effortlessly on skin and absorbs without leaving any sticky residue behind. Compared to some other serums I've tried (such as the green tea seed serum from Innisfree), this takes a tad bit longer to absorbs due to the lack of alcohol in the ingredients. Nonetheless, it is considered fast absorbing since it fully sinks into skin within a minute or two. 

Performance-wise, as I mentioned before, this is one of the best serums I've tried and a holy grail material. After application, my skin becomes instantly hydrated and soothed. After around 2 weeks of religiously using this, I saw clear improvements in my skin.  My skin texture has become softer and more even. I can also feel my skin becoming more firm and radiant, so I gotta say this works great for aging skin as well. The most noticeable improvement has to be my skin tone. Redness in my skin is reduced and the overall tone became more even. My friends keep telling me that my skin looks brighter although I haven't changed anything else in my routine - it has got to be the effect of this serum.

My skin is oily-combo but dehydrated at the same time, so it is rather hard to find a product that works for my complicated skin type. I noticed that this serum hydrates incredibly well without making me feel oily. It deeply moisturizes my skin and get rid of the dry patches I frequently get while controlling excessive oils. My foundation thus applies better and looks more flawless. The only thing is that this may be a bit too hydrating for some oily skin peeps, especially those living in hot and humid areas. Personally, this is not a problem for my oily-combo skin, and I live in warm climate. I think it is great for year-round, but especially for winter time since it is particularly amazing in the hydration department. 


QUICK TAKE
  • Hydrates well without being oily 
  • Absorbs quickly without leaving sticky residue behind
  • Gentle formulations suitable for all skin types, even sensitive skin 
  • Instantly hydrates and soothes skin
  • Skin becomes softer and more even in texture/tone
  • Skin becomes noticeably brighter
  • Elasticity improves and redness is minimized
  • Get rid of dry patches so foundation applies better 
  • No breakouts or irritations 

Bottom Line: This is a must-try all-around serum for all skin types and concerns. I did have high expectation for this product due to the popularity and high ratings, and I am not disappointed. Rather, I'm thoroughly impressed by this serum as I see clear improvements not only in my skin tone but texture, elasticity, and moisture level. I don't usually get many compliments on my skin but after I start using this, I have received more than usual. This is definitely one of the best serums I've tried and I highly recommend it to anyone, especially those looking for a nice product for a needy skin type.


Where to Shop? I got mine from Wishtrend. This product is in the free shipping zone so your order will be shipped free regardless of purchase amount. As a part of Cyber Monday event, it is currently on a huge sale for only $23.99 until Dec. 2! Go here to shop the amazing deal now.



l CONNECT WITH ME l


Bloglovin' Twitter Instagram GFC

2 comments :

  1. I got a sample from wishtrend on this product and I just can't wait to try this, reading your positive review and our similar skin types ^^

    Love,
    Violet Brush

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi i really need to ask about the ingredient called allantain. Could you explain what it is?

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 by Pastel Boulevard. All rights reserved.

Template design by Carrielovesdesign