1.22.2015

The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Cleansing Foam Review


Yay to the first review of 2015! I thought why not start off with one of the most raved about product from The Face Shop, the Rice Water Bright Cleansing Foam? I have heard so many good things about it but really haven't had a chance to try it out since my beloved Sulwhasoo Gentle Cleansing Foam literally lasted me forever. Anyway, the Sulwhasoo eventually ran out and I decided to get this since it was on sale. Even if it wasn't on sale, it costs only a small fraction of the Sulwhasoo. Well, my budget is pretty tight lately so a cheaper alternative is a good idea. Continue reading to know more about this bestselling cleansing foam!


The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Cleansing Foam is a moisturizing, brightening, and detoxifying cleansing foam. It aims to brighten skin with rice extract, which is well known as a natural brightening ingredient, while gently removing impurities from skin. It turns into rich lather that cleans without leaving skin feeling tight.

Available at: Amazon ($10.45),  Koreadepart ($5.31),


According to Cosdna, there are several ingredients which are considered acne triggers or irritants. However, since it is a rinse off product, I doubt that they will pose serious risks to skin. But, of course, sensitive skin should be aware of the potential negative reaction this may bring. The cleansing foam contains Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, a surfactant that can be drying on skin. My skin usually can't tolerate it, but this product only has it in small amount so I didn't experience any irritation.


You just need a pea size amount for your whole face. The cleansing foam has a pearly white color and soft texture. It lathers up nicely into creamy, rich lather that feels gentle on skin. It has a delicate powdery kinda scent, which I think does smell a bit like rice.


The cleansing foam glides on gently as it is massaged into skin to remove impurities, and it is very easy to rinse off. It does give you a squeaky clean feeling but not in a bad, drying way. After cleansing, my skin feels clean and fresh without any uncomfortable tightness. It is also soft and smooth. However, I don't think this provides enough moisture for dry to very dry skin types. I can see my skin being brighter right after cleansing, but I have yet to notice any long-term brightening effect. As with all cleaning foams, I do not recommend you to use this as makeup remover because I am an advocate of double cleansing. It has good cleansing power, but not as good as a makeup cleanser. Makeup won't come off as easily as it would with cleansing oil/water/cream.  


QUICK TAKE

  • Leaves skin clean without tightness
  • Good cleansing power
  • Skin is soft and smooth afterwards
  • Skin seems brighter immediately after cleansing but not permanently
  • Cleansing foam turns into creamy, rich lather that is gentle on skin
  • May not be hydrating enough for dry to very dry skin
  • Doesn't break me out

Overall, it is a great, affordable cleansing foam. I'm glad I decided to give it a try since it's a good alternative for my favorite Sulwhasoo Gentle Cleansing Foam. It's not as good, but good enough. Whenever I'm broke, which is more often than I'd like, I can always turn to this instead and save a lot of bucks. This is actually my first product from The Face Shop (did I forget to mention that?), and I have to say I'll be looking into the brand more :) Have you tried this product before? What do you think about it?



15 comments :

  1. Many people do like this foam cleanser from TFS...I guess that rice water is really beneficial for the skin and this is why a lot of people do love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't choose between the Cleansing foam or the Cleansing milk.....But now I purchased the Cleansing Milk from this line and I can't wait to try it out :) Nice review!!
    http://itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waah! Your first product from the face shop! You totally need to try their volcanic nose strips, they can be a bit painful to remove but remove sooo much white and black heads! I also like their face masks and nail polishes, they're really affordable here in singapore compared to normal brands in watsons! I've used that wash before and I quite liked it! Not too drying, not too gentle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a nice product, and it's been forever since i've been to the face shop! I should go check it out again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just recently ordered the light cleansing oil from the same line. Heard alot of great things about this foam and cleanser. Might have to try out the foam cleanser after! Thanks for the review!
    http://myteabrulee.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just bought the cleansing oil from the same line! I heard great things about the foam cleanser and oil. I might have to try out the foam next! Thanks for the review!
    http://myteabrulee.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cleansing oil from this line is absolutely wonderful - you should try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will definite look into it! Thanks for the recommendation <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's pretty affordable here in Thailand as well :) Next time I visit TFS I'll take a look at their nail polishes and masks! Thanks for the suggestion :) Oh, do you know CNP Laboratory? They make the best nose packs ever! Effective and not painful at all. It's one of the bestselling products in Korea. You should try looking into it <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cleansing milk should be more suitable for drier and sensitive skin :) Hope it works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a great cleanser on a budget :) You should give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely give it a try! It's good and very affordable :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i alwayss double classing first with a cleansing oil then with a cleanser. typically i use a foam based cleanser once a week since most can be drying but they do give that 'deep clean' sort of feel. good to know this wasn't too squeaky clean though.

    Jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've also just bought this but haven't tried it out yet! excited to see how it is! thanks for sharing your review!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great review as always! :)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 by Pastel Boulevard. All rights reserved.

Template design by Carrielovesdesign