7.14.2014

Espoir Summer 2014 Beach Bombshell Collection: Lip Stain Flash Glow 'Kiss & Tell' and 'Merry Berry' Review & Swatches



Hey everyone! Today, I'll do a review on my first product ever from Espoir! I was not that interested in the brand before, but they've come out with many great products recently that peaks my interest. Their No Wear Lipstick is one of the most popular lip products in Korea, or so I heard. I've been tempted to try that out but then they released their Beach Bombshell Collection for Summer 2014 and it's just so gorgeous. I love, love the makeup on the model. So, I decided to get some of the lip products from the collection - the Lip Stain Flash Glow in PK001 Kiss & Tell and PK003 Merry Berry - which are currently sold out on the Espoir website. That was amazingly fast! Good thing I didn't take long to grab them lol.


Look at how gorgeous she is! Will I look at least half as pretty if I use the whole collection? Lol Anyway, what I love most about this makeup look is her lip color :) The shade that she is wearing here is Merry Berry.


The Beach Bombshell Collection is comprised of Nude Cushion, Stick Eyeshadow Sequin, Lip Stain Flash Glow, and Nail Polishes. Espoir's products usually have black packaging, but this collection has a white packaging with wave-like pattern. The website says that the Nude Cushion with white packaging is a limited edition, so it will eventually goes back to the old pink packaging.

The Lip Stain Flash Glow comes in 5 shades, but Kiss & Tell and Merry Berry have already been sold out on the Espoir website. I guess they may still be available on Gmarket or other outside stores though.



It may not be visible in the photos but the box has beautiful shimmery glitters on it.





The packaging is really cute and luxurious. It is a gorgeous minimalist design which I always love. I have no idea what the letters in the front mean though. The product color shows though the letters so it's convenient when picking out a particular shade.





The product comes in a slanted applicator as lip tints usually do. It is designed to apply product smoothly and with ease.


Kiss & Tell is a gorgeous hot pink while Merry Berry is a pinky coral. Both shades are pretty bright and very glossy. They seem like a pigmented lip gloss because of the shine. The two shades look very different on my arm but as you will see, they turn out quite similar on my lips.



Both shades look pretty similar to each other but you can still tell them apart. Kiss & Tell is more pink and comes off brighter, while Merry Berry is more muted and leans more towards a coral side.


OVERALL THOUGHTS
This is probably the glossiest of all the lip tints I've tried, and the gloss does last a pretty decent period of time too. The color is vivid and great for summer. It is moisturizing, and I don't feel like it becomes drying after hours of wear. The application is also smooth and hassle-free. Plus, it doesn't feel heavy or sticky on the lips.

The staining power is quite good but nothing of a wow factor. After eating/drinking, the gloss is basically gone and the color fades a little. But overall, it is pretty long-lasting considering it has a glossy texture.The reapplication is easy and not messy. I feel that the more times you reapply the more vivid the color becomes.

The only thing that bothers me is the pigmentation of this product. From the swatches on the official site, I thought that it would be more pigmented. The official swatches make it looks like it's as pigmented as a lipstick. However, it is actually not. Don't get me wrong though. The product is considered pigmented - it can cover the natural lip color completely. I'm just frustrated that the official swatches are misleading.

------------------------------------------------------------

PROS: Vivid color, Glossy, Moisturizing, Doesn't sink into lip lines, Doesn't accentuate dry areas, Pigmented, Long-lasting, Easy application, Decent staining power, Non-sticky, Feels light on lips

CONS: Official Swatches are misleading (the actual product is not as pigmented), Fades after eating/drinking

PURCHASE: Gmarket

------------------------------------------------------------

Have you ever tried Espoir's products before? Feel free to share any thoughts below and don't forget to follow me :)

 photo email_zps8905e462.png  photo google-plus_zpse7e48b2c.png  photo bloglovin_zps14b00653.png  photo pinterest_zpsbcd5d7bf.png

4 comments :

  1. Espoir always has the prettiest models XD It's such a shame Merry Berry and Kiss n tell look so similar D: I thought Merry Berry would look more orange-y. Nonetheless, the glossyness is quite pretty ^_^


    http://clothespinshanging.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours looks so pretty and vivid but I'm not a fan of glossy lip products! Thanks for the review Stella!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea their models are gorgeous. I love both shades but I can see myself going for Merry Berry more often :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not into glossy stuffs that much either but too bad matte lip products are usually drying :(

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 by Pastel Boulevard. All rights reserved.

Template design by Carrielovesdesign