10.01.2014

Nature Republic Fresh Vegetable Pack Review


Time sure flies - it's officially October, one of my favorite months because of Halloween. But, since I'm back in Bangkok, I doubt there will be much celebration here. Boo :( Anyway, let's get on to what I'm going to talk about today! Vegetables is good for you due to the antioxidants and other good stuffs they contain, and in addition to taking them orally, vegetables can also be used externally as skincare to nourish and revitalize skin - cucumber mask, anyone? I'm really interested in homemade natural remedies made from beneficial veggie and fruits, but ain't nobody got time for that lol. So, when I came across Fresh Vegetable Pack from Nature Republic, I thought it might be a good product to pamper myself with (and more convenient than DIY version). I've been using it once a week for a month now. Read on to find out what I think about this mask!


Fresh Vegetable Pack is a wash-off mask that contains extracts from many fresh vegetables such as broccoli, tomato, and cabbage. There are so many veggie in this mask - it would be impossible to include this much in a homemade one. The mask claims to provide skin with nutrition and moisture for healthy skin. To use, apply the mask generously on clean skin and leave it on for 10-15 minutes then rinse off with warm water.


There is alcohol in this mask which I'm not really happy about. Taking that into consideration, people with very dry or sensitive skin should be cautious. But as for me, I haven't experienced any irritations or breakouts after using this. It also contains fragrance but at the very bottom of the ingredient list so it shouldn't be much of a problem. And, as you can see, there are so many veggie extracts I couldn't list them all out.



The mask comes in a big plastic tub. It's heavy and bulky so it may not be travel-friendly.There's a cover for hygiene reason - you should definitely keep it since it prevents dust and whatnot from contaminating the product. The mask has a consistency of a pudding - you know, bouncy and a bit dense. I'm disappointed that this doesn't come with a spatula because it is so needed. It is quite hard to scoop out the product with fingers due to the texture - a lump of product always get stuck in my fingernails. I recommend you to get some spatula to make your life easier. The product has citrus scent, which smells very refreshing.


Despite its pudding consistency, it transforms into a gel texture as it glides onto the skin so it goes on nicely. You don't need a lot for your whole face. When you scoop out the product, it might seem little but try spreading it onto skin first before scooping out more - when it transforms into gel, it's actually a lot more than you think. I made that mistake when I first used this - I ended up putting on too thick. This mask is very refreshing, especially if you store in in the fridge. I personally leave it outside because it's already quite cooling in itself. I tried storing it in the fridge and it was too cool for my liking - it feels like I was putting ice on my face. It rinses off easily without leaving any sticky residue. After rinsing off, I feel my skin becomes a bit softer and brighter. It soothes my skin as well. However, I think that it is not as hydrating as I would like - may be because of alcohol. It's not drying, though. So, while I think this is good for any skin type, it may be more geared towards those with normal to oily skin. People with dry to very dry skin can use it, but the moisture level may not be high enough for you. For me, this is a nice mask to pamper myself with on the weekends since it is so refreshing! But hydration-wise, I'm going for the usual sheet mask.


QUICK TAKE
  • Refreshing and soothing
  • Cooling when applied on skin
  • The pudding consistency transforms into gel texture as it glides on
  • Leaves my skin soft and brightened
  • Moderately hydrating - may not be enough for dry to very dry skin
  • Contains alcohol at the top of ingredient list
  • Rinses off easily without leaving residue
  • Didn't irritate or break my skin out


Have you used this mask before, or have you ever tried homemade vegetable mask at home? After trying this, I'm really curious about DIY veggie mask hehe. Maybe I'll give it a try someday! Thank you for reading! Don't forget to follow me for more upcoming reviews :)


AVAILABLE AT: Koreadepart, Tester Korea


 photo email_zps8905e462.png  photo google-plus_zpse7e48b2c.png  photo bloglovin_zps14b00653.png  photo instagram_zps95975f0d.png  photo pinterest_zpsbcd5d7bf.png

6 comments :

  1. I never heard of this product tbh. I firstly thought it would be something like the nature republic aloe vera gel which could be used like a gel- without having to rinse it off. I think this wouldn't suit me because products containing alcohol usually break me out. Thanks for this review, Stella~! :-)
    By the way, I tagged you for the Beauty Blogger Tag on my blog! You have to answer a few question about makeup, hair, skincare and fashion if you get tagged! You can see the questions and my tag here: http://mymychen.blogspot.de/2014/10/personal-beauty-blogger-tag.html I would be super happy if you would do the tag too because it's a nice way to get to know the blogger better lol ~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was expecting sth like aloe vera gel :))

    meishenmeweishenme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also thought it would be sth like that at first lol. I kinda like this a bit better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tag! I'll definitely do it :) And about alcohol, I wish they would do alcohol-free one for sensitive skin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is worth a try! But I'd say nothing beats directly consuming it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this at my local Nature Republic store recently. Pretty curious about it as I like their aloe vera gel and this seems to have the same look/texture. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 by Pastel Boulevard. All rights reserved.

Template design by Carrielovesdesign