10.13.2014

Etude House F/W 2014 Dear My Wish Lips Talk 'PK003' and 'OR202' Review & Swatches


I feel like majority of my reviews these days are on lipsticks lol. Well, that's what happen when you are a lippie lover :P Anyhow, after the Innisfree Creammellow lipstick (reviewed HERE), I got another review of a F/W lipstick collection and it's from the famous Etude House. Come to think of it, this is actually my first review of Etude House's product. I mean, I've tried their products before but for some reason I didn't make a post about them. Oopsie! Now, before I get any more distracted, let's get back to what I'm going to talk about today - the Dear My Wish Lips Talk, a new hydrating lipstick formula Etude House recently released this Fall.


Dear My Wish Lips Talk is formulated to provide rich and vivid color while keeping lips moisturized in cold weather. The 3 shades worn by Krystal are PK003, PK001, and BE101, which are all pretty shades. I love how she picked 3 very different shades to show different looks you can achieve with this collection. By the way, she looks gorgeous with all three shades, especially PK003!


There are currently 10 shades available. Some of the shades really scream Fall. Since they offer more selection of neutral Beige and dark shades, I kinda like this collection more than the Innisfree Creammellow which was released around the same time.



Unlike many brands, Etude House comes in a sealed box, which I appreciate since I can know that no one has touched/opened the lipstick before. The 2 shades I picked are PK003 (which is worn by Krystal in the ad) and OR202. I was going to pick up BE101 (also worn by Krystal) too, but I was afraid that it would be too pale for me. But after I saw swatches from several bloggers, I'm so tempted to get it - dang, I should stop being tempted so easily lol.


The packaging is the usual Etude House style - pale pink, princess-y, and girly. It has one of the cutest and most feminine package design I've seen in cosmetics market. There is a small pink steel bow detail which is adorable. One thing I don't like about this - it's hard to tell the shades apart. The shade is written on the bottom, and it's pretty difficult to see.


This is what I was talking about - the shade is written very small so it's hard to read. They should make it bold or something, seriously.


The bullet is flatter and less slanted than other Etude House lipsticks (say, Dear My Blooming Lips Talk). I find that the more slanted/pointy the bullet, the easier it is to apply the lipstick. But, I don't find it particularly hard to apply this - it just takes a bit of effort to get precise application around lip corners.

The texture of this lipstick is somewhat similar to 3CE Creamy Lip Color (reviewed HERE) - smooth and creamy but not as slippery. It has a creamy finish with some sheen rather than glossy finish, and it is lightly scented. Compared to the Innisfree Creammellow, this one glides on easier and smoother. Also, it's a lot creamier and more pigmented. With just one swipe, you can easily cover your natural lips color. I'm really impressed with the pigmentation of this product! You know, I thought it would come off sheerer than it does since it is a hydrating formula.


OR202 닮고싶은 여배우 고랄 is a neon pinky coral. It is very, very bright, I'm telling you. Like, attention-grabbing bright. It's something that I might wear out for party or special occasion - not really something for daily wear because it's too vivid. It's a nice shade of coral though it's not really a Fall shade (more like a Spring kinda shade). It is a bit unforgiving so you may have to exfoliate well and apply lip balm to prevent it from accentuating dry areas on your lips.



PK003 짜릿한 비밀연애 핑크 is a very pretty burgundy pink shade. It's my first time trying out burgundy lipstick and I have to say I'm loving it! Again, not an everyday shade. It is definitely a perfect Fall shade for day/night out, parties, or special events. I thought it would be a bit darker/redder though. I think PK003 is an easy shade to wear as it doesn't accentuate dry flakes or lip lines.

Etude House Dear My Wish Lips Talk is long-wearing and survives meal quite well. It does transfer pretty easily so be careful not to stain your clothes. You may have to check yourself out in the mirror during the day to see if the color transfers on to other parts of your face by accident. It is moderately moisturizing and feel comfortable on the lips. It is lightweight and non-sticky. When it fades and the sheen wears off, it feels a tad bit dry and some product can cling onto dry patches - this usually happens after meal. So, before reapplying the lipstick, a lip balm is a must.


QUICK TAKE
  • Moderately moisturizing
  • Highly pigmented
  • Smooth, creamy texture glides on easily
  • Creamy finish with sheen
  • Long-lasting
  • Transfers quite easily
  • Lightweight and non-sticky
  • Can get a bit dry as it fades and sheen wears off
  • OR202 is a bit unforgiving while PK003 is an easy shade to wear


This is a better lipstick formula I've tried from Etude House. Also, I love the shades they offer for Fall and Winter. If you're looking for a Burgundy and dark lipstick shades for this season, this is definitely worth a try (plus, it comes with a reasonable price tag)! Feel free to leave a comment below and tell me what you think :D Also, don't forget to follow me ~


 photo email_zps8905e462.png  photo google-plus_zpse7e48b2c.png  photo bloglovin_zps14b00653.png  photo instagram_zps95975f0d.png  photo pinterest_zpsbcd5d7bf.png

29 comments :

  1. Ahhh this looks beyond amazing! I definitely need to try this one out!
    Serene xoxox
    www.imserenel.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have insanely beautiful lips! I have to confess I bought the famous IOPE lipstick after stumbling upon your swatches =) Great review like always

    ReplyDelete
  3. etude house lipsticks takes my money all ^^ Nice shades but as you said too vivid for daily use :(

    Thank you for reviewing ~~

    meishenmeweishenme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how cute and girly these look! xoxox

    momopodo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh thank you! Glad you decided to try the IOPE one out =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're welcome! These are more like lipsticks for special occasion ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  7. The packaging is indeed very adorable >.<

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really regret not picking up one when i was in Asia! tHe reds and burgundy is perfect for fall! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The shades are really great for Fall! I'm sure you'll be able to pick some up online :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. PK003 is such a lovely shade. For some reason I feel like that shade would fit with a good range of skin tones, it just has that hue that makes me think that. Maybe to make them more wearable for everyday you could blot them or maybe layer them with a nude color or something that would reduce the vividness of it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree Pk003 will look great on wide range of skin tones. And the ways you suggest can definitely tone them down! Thanks for the tips =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both shades are pretty wearable and Etude House packaging is always so gorgeous <3!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh the textures look so creamy and smooth! ^ w ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The lipsticks are so pigmented! I love the OR202 color! I haven't tried Etude House lipsticks yet but I really love the lip tints they produce. Thank you for the review! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yep sure! Thanks for the follow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. These colors are so beautiful! PK003 looks so pretty on you and Krystal :)


    Suzy
    pret-tea.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  17. looks so creamy and pretty! but i have dry lips, too bad :(


    www.rheapunya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. i really love how OR202 looked when applied :D anyway, does the lipstick 'melts'? i really want to try these lipstick but I'm worried if they melt like my etude house lipsticks that i already have :(

    just followed :D mind following back? ^^
    http://stickymarshamallow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've never really exposed it to the heat so I can't say if it melts easily. I store it in room temperature and so far it is still in good shape. Sure, I'll follow you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just ordered the shade BE101 today ^_^ Do they all smell different? What do your lipsticks smell like?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, hope you'll love it :) To me, they all smell the same. They have a very subtle floral scent. You can barely smell it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really want to get these, but i'm choosing between these and Inisfree's creammellow. May I ask you which one you preferred? Thank you XOXO

    http://toomanybiases.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. It all comes down to what kind of lipsticks you are looking for. If you want a highly pigmented and creamy one, go for Etude House. If you're more into flattering shade for daily wear and hydration, Innisfree might be a better choice. Personally, I prefer Innisfree's creammellow since it is easier to wear on everyday basis :) Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  24. ohhh, thank you!! I really want the pigmentation of the Etude house lipstick but the moisture of innisfree's.....I might get a lipstick from both ahahaha~


    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks Stella R. ! that lipsticks are so fab. i really want to have one of those. :)
    xoxo , Munching
    Purchase Datpiff Downloads here.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for this review, is helpful

    ReplyDelete
  27. I was thinking of trying these because of the awesome pigmentation but I'm worried about the transferring :( Do you have any recommendations for Korean lipsticks with good pigmentation that don't transfer very much? The Innisfree Creammellow ones in your other review look so good but I have pretty pigmented lips so they won't show up much on my lips (I'm too lazy to use a lip concealer everyday).

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hmm, let's see. I haven't tried that many Korean lipsticks but I'll do my best to give you recommendations. If you're worried about transferring, you might want to get a lipstick with a more matte finish. I've heard that Clio Lipnicure is very pigmented and doesn't transfer. But, it can be drying and hard to remove. Maybe you can try some of the ones from 3CE/Laneige/Espoir since they are known for good lipsticks. I haven't tried Espoir's matte lipstick but it is very popular in Korea so I guess it's amazing. Hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for the recommendations! :)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 by Pastel Boulevard. All rights reserved.

Template design by Carrielovesdesign