6.02.2015

Fresh Rose Floral Toner Review


Fresh has always been one of my favorite brands since I discovered their sugar lip balms years ago. I love their concept as well as their refreshing take on skincare. Since I ran out of my second bottle of Laneige Clear-C Advanced Effector, I decided to revamp my routine a bit and bought the Fresh Rose Floral Toner to try out. I actually wanted to get the Black Tea one but it seems to be too hydrating for my current skin condition. If you are interested in this product, keep on reading!


ROSE FLORAL TONER

Brand: Fresh
Product Type: Toner / Mist
Skin Type: All
Capacity: 250 ml
Retail Price: US$40 
Website: www.fresh.com

Fresh Rose Floral Toner is an aromatic, alcohol-free toner infused with rose water to soothe, hydrate, and refresh skin. It claims to create healthy-looking skin by removing impurities and clarifying complexion, as well as providing hydration for up to 24 hours. This toner can also be used as a mist to freshen up the skin during the day.  

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Citronellol, Geraniol, Phenoxyethanol


The toner comes in a cloudy plastic bottle with matte surface, containing a whopping 250 ml of product. There's nothing fancy - just minimal packaging, which is iconic of Fresh's products. Considering how much this product costs, I can't help but feel that the bottle should be more luxuriously designed, like the Black Tea toner.


The bottle has a spray instead of a hole dispenser, since this product doubles as a mist. I'm not really a fan of the spray applicator since I mainly use this as a toner and prefer applying with a cotton pad. That way, it feels my face is cleaner and the product is evenly distributed. With the spray, it just seems like I'm wasting the product since I usually need 4-5 spritz to properly soak the cotton pad. This is subjective opinion though - some of you may prefer spraying toner right onto your face.


After using this product for over 2 weeks, I have to say it is nice product although it does not provide dramatic improvement for my skin. It is lightweight, non-sticky, and refreshing. The toner slightly hydrates skin - it's moisturizing enough for my oily-combo skin, but it might be insufficient for those with dry skin. After applying this, my skin feels soft, smooth, and prepared for the next step in the skincare routine. Furthermore, while it does not help with my redness problem in a long-term, it definitely soothes and calms my skin when I suffer from occasional sensitivity and irritation. As for the 24-hour hydration claim, I'd personally rule that as a marketing gimmick since I'm pretty sure it is impossible for a toner to provide that long lasting moisture.

Another plus for this product is that it is alcohol-free, so this does not dry my skin out or cause ay irritation. The toner sure is aromatic, but I think it might be a little too fragrant for my liking (even though it is a natural fragrance from rose).


QUICK TAKE

  • Lightweight, non-sticky
  • Refreshing
  • Soothing but does not help with redness in a long-term
  • Aromatic
  • Slightly hydrating - might be too light for dry skin
  • Leaves my skin soft and ready for the next product
  • Alcohol-free, so it is non-drying
  • Skin feels clean, and skin texture is refined
  • No breakout or irritation 

If you are willing to splurge for some pampering product, this can be a good option for you, especially if you love rose-scented skincare products. Otherwise, I'd say it is not necessary to spend 40 bucks on a product such as this. While it performs up to standard for a toner, it should do more to justify how much it costs. But again, if you have oily-normal skin and don't mind paying for luxury, this is worth a try.


Where to Shop? I got mine at the local Fresh store in Bangkok. It is also available on Fresh and Sephora.  




l CONNECT WITH ME l


Bloglovin' Twitter Instagram GFC

3 comments :

  1. I never heard about this brand, but it seems worth it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its looking cute

    Checkout my new post at

    http://shizasblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 by Pastel Boulevard. All rights reserved.

Template design by Carrielovesdesign